Friday, June 27, 2008

First Week's

I finished my first week as site director of the Daytona Beach site for Youth Works. It was busy to say the least. I worked roughly a hundred hours in about 5 and half days. I realized even more that i don't want to do ministry as so many do it. I must connect to God. I must do everything out of the overflow of my personal relationship with God. I was trying to take a nap after the students left today and i couldn't help but just sob at the realization that He truly is returning to make all things right and that i need Him to awaken love in me and unlock my heart so i can feel. His leadership is trustworthy. I can barely right this without weeping at the thought of His rule and how i desire to be alive in Him. He is the first and the last, how dare i do His work outside of His empowerment and His outflow. He is coming again and i am preparing the way before Him. i cant do the whole busy ministry thing. i must have time to be with Him. a person that has the touch of God on their life does more for the kingdom in 5 minutes than someone does in a life time without the touch of God. Leonard Ravenhill used to say that if a man were to be touched by God for just one hour the world would never be the same again. i think i now truly believe that. i want to be that man. i would rather have just one of hour of really being used by God than a life time of being half used. This must come out of the place of intimacy through prayer. "He's alive, now I'm alive!"

joshua

this is reality You are coming to reign on the earth, and the increase of Your government will know no end!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am seminarian who is learning about God, myself and others.

Asbury Bloggers Society