Monday, September 3, 2007

the plight of the weak

the plight of the weak is something that all go through. it is when you sell who you are to get something you want. it is as old as time. when cain sold his birthright for soup, to the puranical pictures of the man walking in the woods with the devil bardering for his soul, the great miller play of accusation, betrayal and death, to the modern day man who would sell his very soul for a taste of the unknown. why is that? why will man sell his very identity to have what he should not want? i am that man. i know what i need, yet i sell my soul for that which i do not have. i, like goodman brown, cry "With heaven above and Faith below, I will yet stand firm against the devil!"

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am seminarian who is learning about God, myself and others.

Asbury Bloggers Society